Congratulations on being accepted by an employer in Abu Dhabi! Now comes another hurdle to manage, how to get licensed as a health practitioner with Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD). HAAD oversees the health sector of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We will concentrate on Registered Nurse (RN) requirements to make it as simple as possible. Other health practitioners will also find this checklist useful, though, as the basic prerequisites are the same with HAAD.
1. You must have finished at least a Bachelor in Nursing to be qualified as an RN in Abu Dhabi; or a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery with a course duration of at least three and a half years. Your college should of course be accredited by CHED.
2. As for experience, you must have at least two years paid clinical experience after graduation. Your experience must be relevant, like you can’t put forward your experience as a pure midwife if you are applying as an RN. Your internship doesn’t qualify as an experience. Another basic requirement is your license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
3. A Good Standing Certificate (GSC) from your last employer would be good, but it would be best if you can get it from PRC. The GSC should state that you are not under investigation for malpractice, and that you have never been convicted in any legal case or medical malpractice during your stint as an RN.
As always, have your documents in order! You will need…
- a recent passport-sized picture with a white background,
- a valid passport,
- your diploma,
- Transcript of Records,
- Employment certificates,
- your GSC,
- your PRC license,
- and any other licenses you may have obtained from other countries are also needed.
include the nomination letter from your employer, a malpractice insurance for healthcare professionals, and an accomplished Staff Data Form!
The last three can follow later but must be submitted before you can be issued your license.
Sign up as a new user with DataFlow and submit your application along with your documents. You will just need to input your valid email address and wait for a verification email within five minutes. You will receive information on the payment methods and your application number.
Once you have verified your email, another email with your username and password will be sent so that you can complete your application through the HAAD website this time. The Primary Source Verification and the review process may take anywhere from 30 to 60 days, with some rare cases taking as much as 90 days.
After that, the Health Professional licensing section will forward it to either exam or direct licensing.
Another way is to verify via TrueProfile.io. This way, you can own and re-use your PSV Report forever!
Book your exam once your qualifications have been assessed and approved. The company Pearson Vue conducts the tests which can be booked online. They have test centers in Cebu and Makati. You will know immediately if you passed or failed. You have can have up to three attempts to nail it. Once you’ve passed, pay the license fees and they will then courier your license to you.